* Official name: Exposition universelle des produits de l'agriculture, de l'industrie et des beaux arts
* Category: Universal Exhibition
* Inauguration on 15 May 1855 by Napoleon III
* Duration: 15 May to 15 November 1855
* Geographical location: on the site of the current grand palace.
* Emblem: Palais de l'Industrie
* During the construction of the palace: 6 workers lost their lives and 594 were injured
* Entrance fee: 1 franc on ordinary days, 5 francs (then 2 francs) on Fridays, lowered to 20 cents on Sundays.
* Participating foreign countries: 36
* Exhibitors: 23954
* Visitors: 5 million
* Losses: 8300000 francs