They give access to the southern part of the Champ de Mars, which is enclosed by the enchanting Palace of Light, behind which rise the pure lines of the Ecole Militaire.
These doors open onto the Avenue Joseph-Bouvard via a double ramp of classical simplicity and elegance.
White and openwork, these ramps lead to two pavilions of the same style. Beautiful bronze motifs, similar to shields hanging from the wall of a stadium, complete this perfectly harmonious ensemble.
Two hieratic statues symbolise France and the city of Paris.
© Official guide to the 1937 Paris International Exhibition.