The pavilion was built on the site formerly occupied by the Commissariat Général de l'Exposition 1900.
It was a very simple building, with large glass windows and doors decorated with a few rich details.
The large hall on the ground floor was devoted to sculpture; the galleries around it were devoted to engraving, architecture, town planning and the decorative arts, and the first floor to painting.
The works exhibited were all executed in the period from 1925 to 1932 by French and foreign artists, living or deceased.
A jury had presided over the choice of these works.
Copyright By Société pour le Développement du Tourisme