Both parts of the pavilion open upwards and create an organic impression.
The pavilion, which is shaped like a blossoming bud, opens towards the Boulevard de l'Europe in the west.
The structure is made of two load-bearing sections of tubular steel which are covered with red spruce on both sides.
Here, laser and multimedia were used to portray Hungary's 1000 year old history and its future function as a bridge and mediator between East and West Europe.
The pavilion symbolises two hands joined together and is open to the outside world, signalling a willingness to preserve traditions while leaving plenty of room for innovation.