To the left of the Tunis exhibition is the Ottoman Empire exhibition. This exhibition, which is distinguished by its rich decoration, forms a vast square made up of four pavilions linked together by crowns which at the same time form the entrances through which one enters the interior of the square. The visitor who first walks around the outside of the square will see, going to the right and returning to the left, the magnificent hangings and other silks from the Imperial Manufacture of Erekia (Jerusalem), as well as a collection of Turkish coins from the Imperial Mint; then the gold and silver embroidered fabrics and other fabrics from Saida; the silks of Trébisonde, Brousse, Beirut, Aleppo and Marache; the grey silks of the French establishment of Ain-Hamadé in Mount Lebanon; the woollens and embroideries of Seres, the silk and woollen fabrics of Janina and Denisli, and finally the embroidered shawls, scarves, bonnets and shoes of Constantinople If one then enters the interior of the square through the front entrance and makes the same turn, one will see on the right the pipes, carpets and copper objects of Kaiseriya and Cara-Hissar, the carved wooden and mother-of-pearl objects of Jerusalem, the carpets, The carpets, hangings and scarves of Smyrna, the silks of Amasia, the woollen and cotton fabrics of Monastir and Scodra, the fabrics of Salonika and Niche, the porcelains of the factory of Indjer-Keuié, and the sheets of the Imperial factory of Ismitt (Damascus). In the middle of the square are the weapons, the shooting weapons and the cutlery, then the saddlery, and finally the musical instruments of the country. The box at the back and leaning against the wall shows some photographs representing national types and portraits sent from Moldavia, as well as a project of a monument commemorating the promulgation of the tanzimat and the alliance between Turkey, France and England, sent by a Wallachian architect, Mr. Bilezidkjo.
©Promenades dans l'exposition de 1855