Universal Exhibition of Agricultural, Industrial and Fine Arts Products - Paris 1855

Agriculture, Industry and Fine Arts

May 15, 1855 - November 15, 1855


Back - List of Pavilions

Prussia and Zollwerein

manque image

Here are the most remarkable machines of Prussia and the Zollverein, in the middle: a machine for printing and numbering railway tickets, by Mr. Bornholdt, in Elberfed; a Crampton system locomotive, by Mr. Borsig, in Berlin; a locomotive by Mr. Kessler, in Carlsruhe; two locomotives from the machine shops in Esslingen (Württemberg); a spring scale by Mr. Meggenhofen, b Stuttgart. Next to the wall are pumps by Mr. Hauschild, Berlin; manometers by Messrs. Schaffer and Budenberg, Magdeburg; a high pressure steam engine, with variable expansion, of 14 horsepower, and mowers by Messrs. Egells, Berlin; a steam engine of 3 horsepower, by Mr. Hofmann, Breslau; a lathe for turning cones and flat surfaces, by Mr. Hamann, Berlin; a perfected Jacquart loom, by Mr. Bonardel, Berlin; a model of locomotive for inclined planes by Mr. Hock, Stuttgart; fire pumps by Mr. Bedmoé, Aachen. Turning to the left, we see in the middle a mechanical printing press by Mr. Reichenbach, Augsburg; then a stone sawing machine, a lathe for turning wagon wheel tires, and a stitching lathe, all by Mr. Mannhardt, Munich; machines for woolening cloths by Mr. Gessner, Aue, Saxony; a mechanical loom and a spindle bench, at the end, by Mr. Hartmann, Chemnilz; a wheat threshing machine by Mr. Kaemmerer, Bromberg, Germany; and a machine for the production of wheat by Mr. Hock, Berlin. Kaemmerer, in Bromberg; iron lathes and an iron planing machine, by Mr. Fulda, in Berlin; a mechanical sawmill, driven by steam, by Mr. Schwartzkopf, in Berlin; a portable telegraph apparatus, by Mr. Gehricke, in Berlin; a steam engine by Mr. Martini, at Elberfeld; machines for the manufacture of cloths, by Mr. Thomas, at Berlin; a hand press for printing, by Mr. Sigl, at Berlin; finally, a locomotive with coupled wheels, by Mr. Egestorff, at Hanover. In the same compartment, but on the side of the wall, we see: a rail mortising machine, a paper mill machine and a mechanical horse for children, all from Mr. Mannhardt, in Munich. Next come several lithographic presses, copying presses, bookbinding and cardboard machines, from Messrs. Hiem Brothers, Offenbach; a machine for the manufacture of painted cloth, from Mr. Hummel, Berlin; a steam pump for use in mines and a paper-cutting machine, from Mr. Ruffer, Breslau, and several machines for spinning, from Mr. Verken, Aachen.

©Promenades dans l'exposition de 1855