Not far from the Soukhs, by an "unforeseen and pleasant" encounter, the Pavilion of French Agriculture erected its high white facades, topped with red tiles, in the fashion of country houses. Raised a few steps, four high brown pilasters stood in front of a blue, white and red fresco, symbolising Daphnis and Chloe, in a stylised landscape.
Inside, several compartments displayed a fine assortment of agricultural machinery; plans of gardens, restored or created from scratch; collections of seeds, vegetables and fruits.
Dioramas and statistics, models represented the National Agronomic Institute of Paris, the great schools of Grignon, Rennes, Montpellier, Douai, Versailles, devoted to the teaching of agriculture, horticulture and breeding.
A neighbouring compartment - and not the least visited - brought together information offices and counters where one could taste, at unbeatable prices, the tastiest products of the various terroirs of France: cider, wine, fruit, and the whole range of cheeses.
Visitors could also enjoy fruit from Roussillon and Provence, then from the Garonne and Rhône basins, the Val-de-Loire, Brittany, the Paris region, and finally the North and East. During the exhibition, the entire range of vegetables and fruit was on permanent display. The hop production centres also showed the various varieties grown in France. This French section had been organised in a very practical spirit by the Association des Exportations Agricoles and national committees specialising in each branch of French agricultural production.
© Le Livre d'Or de l'Exposition Universelle de Bruxelles 1935