Next to the Danzig pavilion, at the corner of the Avenue des Colonies and the Avenue des Peuples, is the Polish pavilion. A small staircase links these two pavilions, which were built by the same architect, Mr. R. Groseman, in a simple but elegant style. Groseman, in a simple but elegant style.
The Polish section is, of course, more extensive and presents a greater variety of articles than the Danish one, Poland being a whole country which, moreover, only regained its freedom after the war and is now in full development.
First of all, our attention is drawn to the magnificent carpets that cover the floor. Note the richness of the colours and their happy arrangement. Poland has great artists. It has had great poets, sculptors and painters known throughout the world, not to mention its composers. As for its craftsmen, it has nothing to envy to other countries.
The aim of an exhibition is, above all, to provide the most accurate documentation possible. This is why we find many graphs and statistics, mainly relating to the coast, which is only 1 kilometre long, with a surface area of 5,200 km2 . Despite this, the country has two very important ports, Gdynia and Gdanck. Exports through these ports account for 36% of total imports. Both ports have modern equipment, which allows for rapid unloading and loading of goods. The future looks bright for both ports.
Among the main exhibits is a large model of the new port of Gdynia:
models of ships from the Polish shipping company;
a panorama of Gdynia in 1920 and of the same city in 1930
an illuminated map, showing the progress of water transport in Polish ports; numerous photographs, showing the
numerous photographs, which testify to the importance of Poland from the point of view of navigation.
The busts of Ignatius Moscicki, President of the Polish Republic, and Joseph Pilsudski, Marshal of Poland, as well as numerous paintings, representing different regions of this country, complete in a very happy way this extremely interesting section.
© Guide Officiel - Anvers 1930