On the south side, after passing through the "Astrid" entrance, the Itinerant Tourism Pavilion was the first to be seen. It was built on the edge of the road, but a large part of the floor overhung the entire width of the road up to the river bank.
This part, in the form of a rotunda, was attached to a high pylon which tapered gradually towards the top, ending in a flagpole. Long, well-proportioned windows horizontally barred the façades. The facades were all white, with polychrome designs representing the various European tourist regions. The architecture was very simple, but very elegant and in keeping with the style of large modern exhibitions.
© General Report - International Water Technology Exhibition - Liège 1939