The Chambre syndicale des Négociants en diamants, perles et pierres précieuses et des Lapidaires has had a pavilion built at its own expense on the Esplanade des Invalides, under the direction of Messrs. Lambert, Saacke and Bailly, qualified architects, with an original cover reminiscent of diamond facets.
This pavilion includes a workshop for demonstrating diamond cutting, another for cutting precious stones and a third for drilling fine pearls; the workshops are installed with all the modern improvements, and the public sees them working before their eyes.
An exhibition of gemstones and lapidary works of art, and specimens of new modern cuts, showing the progress made in recent years, are also on view at this pavilion. But the public must be satisfied with marching past the workshops, as the pavilion is too small to be entered.
The public will also be able to see the cutting of diamonds and precious stones without interruption, as everyone is eager to learn more about the way in which diamonds and precious stones are cut.
©La Science et la Vie - 1925