M. des Gâchons had obtained the concession of 1,978 square metres in the quincunxes of the Esplanade des Invalides, on the Constantine side, with the responsibility of organising a reconstruction of various monuments of Berry as well as an artistic and ethnographic exhibition of Berry.
The buildings constructed by M. Henry, architect, covered 620 square metres. They were reminiscent of Jacques Coeur's house in Bourges, the church in Nohant, the tower in Crozant and the Angibault mill, which was dear to George Sand. These buildings, built of wood and plaster, formed an elegant whole.
A restaurant was included in the concession.
©Exposition universelle de 1900 à Paris