It was a very original building, with a whimsical and free architecture, with queens reminiscent of Renaissance gardens to the right and left of the main door, and contained a number of rooms, many of which were decorated by the Prague schools of decorative art, which represented clear efforts to get off the beaten track and, in many cases, made very successful new attempts.
Several painting rooms, also decorated by the schools of decorative art in Vienna, Prague, etc., were, in their simplicity, full of taste and interest.
The National Pavilion, which contained most of the exhibits of the imperial schools of applied art, formed the major part of the Austrian Exhibition, whose classes in the Palace of Manufactures were very limited.
©Exposition internationale de Saint Louis 1904. Rapport général