The Italian pavilion, with its graceful architecture, Ionic columns and golden winged figures, was a fine example of ancient Rome, thanks to the talent of the architect Sommaruga of Milan.
Beyond the first colonnade a graceful garden with basins, vases, columns and marble benches.
Inside, the visitor found himself in a single, vast room with a domed ceiling.
This room was entirely furnished with the collection of marble reproductions, bronzes and busts, after the antique, by Chiurazzi, from Naples.
This collection was acquired by the Musée de Saint-Louis.
©Exposition internationale de Saint Louis 1904. Rapport général